- More Detail Here:
- Residential Painters Port Stephens
By Marcus Stromms
The dangers of asbestos have been uncovered by many cases of both unrecorded and recorded heath problems and deaths. There are also many settlement cases documenting the harsh effects of asbestos to human health. Your home might be contaminated with this mineral. What should you do?
Staying Away from Asbestos: Dos and Don’ts Inside the House
Without your knowledge, your house might be contaminated with asbestos – a mineral that is known to cause different kinds of respiratory diseases like mesothelioma, pleural thickening, and asbestosis. If you are unsure of the level of asbestos contamination in your house, the following dos and don’ts will help you stay away from the dangers.
1. Keep minimal movements and other activities in damaged areas where asbestos might be present. This will keep contamination at a minimum level too.
2. Gently perform actions in areas where asbestos is present. This will help avoid damages to asbestos-containing materials preventing the release of thin strands and powder into the air.
3. Ask the help of builders with asbestos removal services when it comes to major repairs of asbestos-containing materials. They are skilled and well-trained to do the job in a safe manner.
4. Spare yourself from activities like dusting, sweeping, and vacuuming of debris and other waste particles that may contain asbestos.
5. Surfaces with asbestos such as floors and walls need to be spared from sanding, scrubbing, and drilling activities. These activities will scrape covering and cause asbestos fibres to be released into the air.
6. Avoid the use of power strippers on asbestos-ladden surfaces such as vinyl asbestos. Cleansers such as these are very strong and have the tendency to uncover the asbestos strands.
7. Evade sanding asbestos surfaces to make it on level. This process will contribute to the powdering of asbestos, making it more dangerous to your family’s health.
8. Steer clear of minor repairs when you deem you will not be able to handle asbestos-containing materials properly. Let professional builders and asbestos removers handle the task for you.
9. Never try to fix asbestos-containing roof shingles yourself. This process requires high levels of security that can be done by professional asbestos removers. They can also fix gutters properly, avoiding damages on asbestos-containing ceilings and roofs.
10. Let alone licensed asbestos removers perform sampling methods on materials suspected of containing asbestos. Doing-it-yourself might disturb the material and immediately release powdered asbestos dust. Trying to be an asbestos remover can highly endanger your family’s health when in fact none could have existed when you let professionals do the job.
To conclude, there are things that must be done and must be avoided by homeowners in order to spare themselves and their families from the risks posed by the disturbance of asbestos-containing materials.
In Australia, particularly in Brisbane, there are many professional builders that offer asbestos removal as one of their primary services. In fact, these builders, such as QHI have dedicated teams that can do asbestos inspection, assessment, containment, removal, and disposal of asbestos in specific parts of the house. With them, you are assured that wherever asbestos might be in your house – in floors walls, ceilings, roofs, gutters, and plumbing systems – they can be safely handled and removed.
About the Author: Marcus Stromms works in collaboration with Brisbane
and asbestos removers. As an advocate on the total ban of asbestos, he provides numerous materials regarding the health risks associated with the use of asbestos. In some instances, he also writes home improvement tips and suggestions regarding
driveways, painting, and plumbing tasks.